Two keys come with each lock. Additional keys can be purchased for $5 each. You can add them to your cart.
Your key code will be located on your key. It is a five-digit number engraved into the key. You have to remove the red key cover to find it. Should you need to order more keys in the future, we would need that key code in order to cut your keys. Please call our office directly for keys or email us through the Web site contact submission form. In order to duplicate your keys, we will need your request in writing to establish you are the owner of the lock. If you purchased through a third party, we will need to see proof of purchase.
Your key code will be located on your key. It is a five-digit number engraved into the key. You have to remove the red key cover to find it. When you purchase more locks in the future, there is a place during check out on our Web site where you can record that key code. We can key ANY lock on our site to your code.
If you select randomly keyed during check out, each lock will be keyed differently and the codes will not be kept on file. However, your key code will be located on your key. It is a five-digit number engraved into the key. You have to remove the red key cover to find it. Should you need to order more keys in the future, we would need that key code in order to cut your keys. Please call our office directly for keys.
All of our products are built with barrel-style key locks (made in the USA) that are pick resistant, Freon resistant and corrosion resistant. The barrel locks are also capable of withstanding thousands of pounds of force. Some of our products can be ordered with a built-in changeable combination padlock. Set your own four-digit code. You can determine which you prefer. It is a matter of preference.
No, that would lessen the security of the lock. That is why we stress that when you set your four-digit code, you must write the code down or commit it to memory. If you have lost or cannot recall your code, call our office and we will assist you on replacing the internal components.
Setting your code: THE LOCK IS PRESET TO FACTORY CODE AT 0-0-0-0.
- Unlock the mechanism by setting the four dials to the preset combination 0-0-0-0. PRESS inward causing the mechanism to pop out. (Remember combination can only be set when the lock is open.)
- Insert the special key in the key hole on the side of the mechanism. Pressing the key firmly into the hole (be sure to feel the spring resistance against the key), turn 90 degrees in either direction. Failure to exert force while pushing key in will result in a failed attempt to set or re-set the combination.
- Set the dials to your desired code. MAKE SURE EACH DIGIT IS LINED UP IN A STRAIGHT LINE with the dash line centered between each number. You will feel them click into place. Turn the key back to the original position with the key in line with the lock device and remove it.
- IMPORTANT: Record your secret combination. There is no factory override code for this padlock.
- To lock, scramble the numbers and depress the mechanism. To reopen, dial your code and press inward causing the mechanism to pop out.
We manufacture all of the red locks. They are made of steel and are powder coated and/or electro-plated. The Cargo Door Lever Lock is made from the highest quality aircraft grade aluminum.
Unopened or unused items in new condition can be returned within 30 days. You will receive a refund or you can exchange for another item. Contact our office for a Returns Goods Authorization number. Product must be returned in original packaging if possible to ensure safe shipping. You must include the keys if you are returning a keyed style lock.
Although we try, we cannot guarantee same day shipping and only offer UPS ground on our Web site. If you would like to have your order expedited, call our office directly to see if we can fulfill your expedited order.
Proactive security is the only way to go. Nothing is one hundred percent foolproof, but a layered approach will send thieves elsewhere. Thieves want the “quick fix” and typically will not waste precious time trying to get around preventive measures. So, lok it up!